I love my front window...looking out at the mountains and the beautiful roses...
in my rocking chair at the front window...it's my favorite spot in the house to read or take a nap...and the sunshine coming through feels so good on my face especially in the winter months...sometimes when I am up early enough I watch the sun come up...it's a wonderful view.
My kids and pets love this spot too... I have to kick my cat off all the time.
Last weekend I had a chance to work out in my yard for a little while and I always forget how much gardening does my soul good...it gives me a chance to think and ponder...and as I was working on my rosebushes, I was reminded of a good lesson...that in order for me to grow... I have to weed and get rid of the things that are holding me back spiritually, physically, and emotionally. When my life is in balance, I am able to look at things in the proper perspective. I can see the blessings I've been given and realize the things I need to change to become a better wife, mother, daughter, and friend. There have been many great and small miracles that have happened in my life and I am grateful for the many seasons of change that have taken place. I look forward to what is ahead... but at the same time remind myself to live for today and appreciate the moment...even during stressful times. Nancy, a dear friend of mine, has a saying that "Change is inevitable but growth is optional." Her husband died of colon cancer and she has been a widow for quite awhile. She began dating a few years ago and is going to be remarrying a wonderful man. She has been through so much and she always dreamed of serving a mission with her husband someday. Now she has the opportunity to go. She and Jesse will be putting their mission papers in after they get married, and I am SO thrilled for her!



0 comments:
Post a Comment