As I looked out my front window today at the falling snow, I thought about how wonderful it would be to be on the beach, but then another thought/question crossed my mind; "Why do I want to be somewhere else? Why do I assume it's always greener on the other side? Isn't there some important lessons to be learned through the seasons of nature and life that God has created for me to enjoy? Is he trying to teach me something and I'm not paying attention?" Well, today I slowed down enough to listen, and when I do take the time to listen and ponder, I am usually inspired to write. I have written many poems, stories, and even started writing a few books. Unfortunately, I have never finished them. I've even lost and thrown some of my writing away. I'm learning to save things now.
"SEASONS"
(Birth & Childhood)
Peek your head out
Drink in spring’s glory!
Fresh rain falling,
Flowers blooming,
Birds chirping,
feeding little one’s in their nests.
Morning dew on fresh cut grass between toes.
Planting, cleaning, building, repairing, fixing.
Sunday drives, kites flying,
climbing, reaching, twisting, turning,
swinging, digging in new earth.
Picnics, Easter, resurrection, eternal life.
(Youth into Adulthood)
Rise up, bathe and bask
in the rays of summer’s golden warmth,
reflecting on ocean waves,
Surf and spray, sand between toes.
Laughter, excitement, adventure,
Celebration, independance,
pride in country, Red-white and blue,
parades, fireworks,freedom!
Morning walks, bicycle rides,
Hikes, starry skies,
sweet corn, mouthwatering fruit,
Cotton candy clouds,
"I love you" sunsets.
Bare feet,diaper babies,
wet footprints on warm cement.
popsicle mustaches,
the clinking of ice in a glass
to quench a thirst for cold drink,
Long nights.
(Growing Older)
Linger and dance in autumn’s splendid array of color,
Warm spices hanging in air and nostrils,
Swirling leaves crunch under foot,
Cool breezes blowing in hair,
rustling cornstalk rows.
Pumpkin on the vine,
apples on the ground,
farmstands, bonfires,hayrides,
door to door delights as children masquerade
on an All Hallows Eve.
Gratitude, bounty,
a cornucopia of blessings,
Shorter days.
(Death)
Slumber under the white blanket of winter’s softly fallen snow,
Rest and rock by the crackling fire in the hearth,
Moonlight on mountains,
Carrot-nosed snowmen, wooden sleighs,
heavy boots, itchy scarves, and missing woolen mittens.
Father Christmas, white hair and beard,
red peppermint striped candy canes,
Hot cocoa, popcorn, lights and candles glow.
Hearts come together.
Cranberry, evergreen,
Mary, Joseph, poor and homeless seeking shelter,
"No room in the Inn?"
Star of Bethlehem.
Angels proclaim glad tidings,
Wisemen and shepherds seek the Christ child.
Time for reflection,
Everlasting gifts,
songs of peace,
Journey's end...
Children return home,
"Well done thy faithful servant."
(Re-Birth)
A New Year!
Resolutions,
celebration,
Countdown,
Clock strikes twelve,
ball drops,
Confetti and ticker tape,
horns crying,
pans banging,
sparkling toasts,
bodies embrace,
lips lock,
Fireworks!
Then all is quiet again,
Hushed.
Seeds are sleeping,
under the blanket of softly fallen snow,
preparing to peek their heads,
To drink in spring's glory,
To bathe and bask in summer sun,
To bare the fruit of autumn's harvest,
To slumber,
To rise again.
Oh blessed resurrection!
Everlasting and Eternal LIFE.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Seasons & Cycles of Change
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 7:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment