So I have been neglecting my blog for awhile and decided I would update it for anyone that cares or even reads it. For starters, I quit my job after training for three weeks and on the phones one day(yep)call me a loser...but it was not what I had planned on and did not want to do for 6 mos until I got to do what I was hired to do (which was regular reservations)come August. I also missed my kids terribly...I would drive home at night and the guilt and tears would set in and even though my shift was going to be Mon-Thurs from 4pm-10pm I felt I was missing out on precious time with them not being there to help them with their homework, getting them ready for bed, and reading/chatting with them. So in a way...quitting has been a blessing. I think my family was bummed we didn't go on at least one trip/fly before I quit, oh well! Life is too short to live with regrets...so I'm moving on. (Thanks for your encouraging words Rosi! We SAHM stick together don't we!?)
Towards the end of March we celebrated Toby's birthday up at Crystal Hot Springs...it was SO nice to get away and relax for a few days. The weather and mineral water was wonderful and very therapeutic. Toby raved about how soft his feet were afterwards and Maya got her first sun tan in 56 degree weather...I, however got my first sunburn of the season. HAHA! We rented a trailor and pulled it up to Honeyville with Toby's new/used truck. He was SO excited and I haven't seen him SO happy in a long time. It was a PERFECT birthday gift. Then we bought pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (his favorite)to celebrate...we stuck a few birthday candles on top of his to make a wish and blow them out. Nick and Maya then wanted to try it several times with their cookies...glad we didn't catch the trailor on fire! Luckily there was a fire extinguisher in the cupboard (just in case).
A few days after we came home from Crystal Hot Springs, we washed our clothes and packed again for another weekend trip to Bear Lake. Toby's parents weren't able to use their company time share so I took the kids up for the weekend and Toby came up after he got off work. We had a lot of fun playing on the beach, digging in the sand, swinging, playing on the playground, attending the friendly Garden City Ward on Sunday, and of course I had to stop and get some chocolate covered raspberries before we left!
This year my birthday fell on the same week as Spring Break, Easter and General Conference so it was a week full of WONDERFUL things. Toby gave me a 3 hour spa gift certificate that included a stone massage, a facial, footsoak, and pedicure...SOOO heavenly! Then we went out to lunch at Iggy's and shopping at DownEast...he is such a SWEETHEART! I also got to go down to American Fork and spend a few days with my family. We got to listen to conference together (most of it anyway)dad turned his hearing aid down and went back to his bedroom to watch since the kids were running around. Mom and I dyed eggs with the kids between sessions and made homemade bread to go with some chicken vegetable lasagna for Easter dinner. We tried out some new recipes for Feta Cheese Spinach and Cinnamon Burst bread..both turned out soo yummy! Then Monday we went to Costco and found some sun-dried tomatoes to try with the spinach feta bread recipe...WOW was it tasty!
I will have to post some pictures when I get a chance...my motherly duties are calling!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Catch-Up, Catsup, or Ketchup...whatever you prefer!
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment