Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Daisy, Daisy, Give Me Your Answer True, I'm Half Crazy All For The Love Of You!"


This is my new bike Daisy, and yes, it was love at first sight! I had been looking into buying a red Schwinn cruiser, but when I got online and read nothing but bad reviews about the new Schwinn's falling apart and not holding up to the good quality bikes they used to be, I kind of gave up looking. Then as we were in Ogden the other day, driving by Bingham Cyclery, we stopped and I saw this bike right as we walked into the shop. She was being put together right then and there, and I thought for sure she was already sold. The guy putting her together said, "I knew when I started putting her together that she'd be gone! Every time I put one together, it has sold the same day!" I told my husband that she looks a lot like the banana bike I rode when I was 8, with flowers and a white basket...and the back part of the seat looks like a package of my childhood favorite "Fruit Stripes" gum. It's been so much fun to ride Daisy and the kids and I have already gone for a spin. Now I just have to wait a little longer for Day's sweet corn and I can ride her down to the farm and pick some up...then ride home with it in the cute wicker basket on front. Maybe I'll go down and pick some sweet strawberries for now. Happy summer!

0 comments: