I saw this recipe on another blog and they looked so yummy. My favorite mint brownies are from BYU bakery, so we'll see if these are just as good or maybe even better. If they turn out yummy I may just use them as neighbor gifts so I don't eat them all...haha!
Mint Brownies
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
3/4-1 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups oil
3/4 cup milk
Combine all ingredients in order listed and mix till smooth. Pour into a well greased 15×10″ jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
Mint Layer:
1/2 cup soft butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tsp peppermint extract (I use 2 because I like them really minty.)
2 Tbsp water (approximately)
Pinch of salt
A few drops of green food coloring
Beat till smooth and spread evenly over brownies. Chill for a few minutes to set.
Chocolate topping:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 Tbsp butter
Melt butter in glass bowl in microwave. Add chips and cook at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle or spread over mint layer. Chill for 1 hour.
*If you don’t like/want to make mint brownies, you can just use the base and add chocolate frosting.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Mint Brownies (Creations by Kara)
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment