
When I was on my mish in CT & RI serving my first Valentine's Day in the mission field, my sweet mission companion prepared a wonderful Valentine's dinner for both of us--chimichangas, served on a bed of shredded lettuce, alongside cooked blackbeans and rice. So yummy, and so thoughtful of her. My mom had also sent me a Valentine's card with my favorite Jelly Belly Jelly Beans in a heart shaped box. So after we were done eating and cleaning up, we had a Jelly Bean eating contest. We threw them up in the air and counted how many we could catch in our mouths. (Haha!)What we did for entertainment!I love you Sister Davis, we had some fun times serving together! (Wish my scanner worked so I could scan in my old pictures I took) Ever since then, I told myself I was going to do something fun like that for my husband and kids when I got married. So...every year I prepare a Valentine's Dinner, and as we feast on yummy things, we take turns sharing what we love about each other. (Similar to Thanksgiving dinner where we share what we are thankful for). This has become a fun family tradition, so I thought I'd share our menu for this coming LOVE DAY, and who knows, maybe we will even do a Jelly Bean eating contest afterwards?! LOL!;)
BLESS YOUR HEART BROWN SUGAR GLAZED SALMON (Recipe on Taste of Home)
WILD RICE WITH STEWED DICED TOMATOES,SLICED ALMONDS, AND MUSHROOMS. (Recipe listed in an old post, just add sliced almonds after rice is steamed)
SWEETHEART ROLLS
(Just make these as you would a cinnamon roll, using your favorite cinnamon roll recipe or Rhodes Dough without the filling or you can do butter and parmesan cheese and herbs inside)
HEART SHAPED JELLO JIGGLERS
*Use red Jello and a heart shaped cookie cutter after jello is set (our favorite flavor is Black Cherry)with whip cream on top.
CRANBERRY KISSES (Drink)
6 ounces Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail (I like the Cran-Raspberry, it's not as tart as the regular Cranberry Juice)
1 oz. orange juice (I do fresh squeezed since I buy oranges anyway for the garnish)
Club soda (I use diet 7-up)
Orange wedge or ring for garnish or float them down in the glass.
DIRECTIONS:
Pour cranberry juice cocktail and orange juice into a glass with ice. Top with club soda. Garnish with orange wedge.
Ocean Spray Cran-Raspberry Juice spiked with diet 7-up and freshly squeezed orange juice, and orange slices floating in each glass.
Dessert:
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TORTE (Photo and recipe included in the post below)
Friday, February 4, 2011
Valentine's Day Dinner Idea & Menu
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 1:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment