This granola is REALLY YUMMY! I love trying out different granola recipes and I especially like the Rice Krispies added to this one. I didn't have the dried apples or raisins on hand, so I just added some dried cranberries.
Ingredients:
2 C Brown Sugar
2/3 Butter or Margarine
1/2 C Honey
4 C Old Fashioned Oats
2 C Rice Krispies Cereal
2 T Cinnamon
2 C Sliced Almonds
2 C Raisins
1 C Dried Apples, diced
Directions:
Arrange oven racks in center and upper third of oven. Preheat to 350 degrees. Line 2 large jelly roll pans with foil. Heat sugar, butter, and honey in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine oats, rice krispies, cinnamon, and almonds in a large bowl. Pour melted butter mixture over oat mixture and toss to coat. Divide and spread mixture between prepared pans. Bake 20-25 minutes stirring every 10 minutes
rotating sheets between racks until granols is well toasted. Cool granola on pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to large bowl. Stir raisins and apples and cool completely. Store in airtight container or ziplock bags up to 2 weeks. Enjoy! :)
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Marriott Granola (The Domestic Art Cookbook)
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment