
Introducing Sunshine & Sylvester...2 of our 4 new Easter chicks we bought over spring break last week. Cranston (not pictured) is my Rhode Island Red...named after the first town I served in on my mission. Nick's chick "Iron Man" (not pictured either)is no longer with us...may he RIP. Nick snuck him out of the box when I was down in the basement doing laundry, and Charlie (our Schnauzer) attacked Iron Man. I was so heartbroken when Nick came to me and announced "Charlie ate my bird mom!" I sobbed and sobbed while I buried him in the garden. (Just not doing well with the whole death thing right now)and the sweet little chick laying in my hands with his guts spilled out onto the floor was a little too much for me to handle...all my emotions I had bottled for a few weeks following Jeannie's death came spilling out again. Needless to say, Nick spent some time in the naughty chair and Charlie had to spend the rest of the day out in the backyard in the rain. When I checked on both a few minutes later, they both looked at me with sad eyes. Both needed to be reassured that they were still loved despite the dead bird drama.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Our Fuzzy New Chickies!
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment