Thursday, August 11, 2011
Serendipity and Pennies from Heaven
I just have to share something cute that happened today while running errands with the kids; The song "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry was playing on the radio and when it came to the part where she sings "Sink me in the river at dawn" George pointed out the Dawn baking truck passing by.
We started to laugh and I told him, "You know what that's called when that happens? Serendipity!" He then pointed out the "Dippidee" desserts shop we were passing and we laughed even harder.
Thanks for all the little signs that you're still with us in spirit Grandma Jeannie! From the many Monarch butterflies we have seen this summer, to something as simple as a song on the radio to make us smile. :)Even the reference to the Dawn baking truck and the Dippiddee desserts shop made me laugh because Jeannie had such a sweet tooth. I remember telling her about the Dippidee Desserts Shop last year after my friend Cassidi brought us some yummy treats from there when we moved in.
"Pennies from Heaven" is what I call these little messages and signs our angels send to us if we are paying close attention. There is a great article entitled "Pennies From Heaven" by Anthon St Maarten that he wrote in October 2010 (http://psychicbloggers.com/archives/2037) if you want to learn how to be more aware of these signs that come. He is a psychic but not one of those full of bologna psychics. His article makes a lot of sense. Here is just an excerpt;
"They say when an angel misses you, they toss a penny down from Heaven. Sadly, not everyone knows how much truth there is to this old adage.
Spirit has many interesting ways to communicate with us, and always on a personal level. Your spiritual signs and signals can range from the truly spectacular to the very mundane. And sometimes they can be found in the most unusual places, or when they are least expected.
No matter where you believe your signs are coming from, they are most certainly meant especially for you, and they always have a sincere and personal meaning, no matter how small or insignificant they may appear to us.
Signs and signals from the spiritual realm always have a purpose. Most often they are important guideposts or ‘traffic signs’ along our life path, confirming our choices, decisions and actions. Sometimes we receive these messages in times of distress or sadness, while at other times they come as warnings, urging us to proceed with caution.
Reading your special signs and signals is your divine right, and a basic skill that anyone can develop. Some gurus would have you believe that this is a complex art or science, or that it requires special psychic abilities or years of study and practice. The truth is that this is a blessing freely available to all of us, regardless of who we are or what we believe in. All you need to do is ask, and it will be given."
Even more interesting, is that when I got home and listened to the song again more carefully, the lyrics held even more meaning, because Jeannie died so suddenly and we all felt the jolt of shock at her short life. Another funny thing is that when I began writing this post, Nick turned the TV on and Ghost Whisperer was on. (One of Jeannie's favorite shows)I know she's still watching over us and sending "Pennies from Heaven" if we are open to receiving them.
If i die young bury me in satin
lay me down on a bed of roses
sink me in the river at dawn
send me away with the words of a love song
ooh ooh ooh ooh
Lord make me a rainbow I'll shine down on my mother
she'll know I'm safe with you and she stands under my colors
oh and life ain't always what you think it ought to be
no ain't even gray but she buries her baby
the sharp knife of a short life
well I've had just enough time
if i die young bury me in satin
lay me down on a bed of roses
sink me in the river at dawn
send me away with the words of a love song
the sharp knife of a short life
well, i have just enough time
and I'll be wearing white
when i come into your kingdom
I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger
I've never known the lovin' of man
but it sure felt nice when he was holdin' my hand
there's a boy here in town
who says he'll love me forever
who would have thought forever could be severed
by the sharp knife of a short life
well I've had just enough time
so put on your best boys, and I'll wear my pearls
what i never did is done
a penny for my thoughts oh no I'll sell 'em for a dollar
they're worth so much more after I'm a goner
and maybe then you'll hear the words that I've been singin'
its funny when your dead how people start listenin'
if i die young bury me in satin
lay me down on a bed of roses
sink me in the river at dawn
send me away with the words of a love song
ooh ooh the ballad of a dove
go with peace and love
gather up your tears and keep them in your pocket
save em for a time when your really gonna need em.
oh the sharp knife of a short life
well I've had just enough time
so put on your best boys, and I'll wear my pearls
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment