Friday, August 12, 2011
Change is inevitable.
Change is hard. I thought it would be easier than this to accept my father in law finding someone again and being happy, but it's just so weird seeing him with someone else. I just miss my mom in law in so many ways. I can't even explain all the things I miss. Most of all I miss her hugs, and her laugh, and her strength. I miss being with her and laughing and sharing with eachother what's been going on in our lives. Every new school year she'd take the grandkids shopping for school supplies and she was always there for my kids birthdays that are coming up soon. I miss all the fun things we did together. There is just no taking the sting out of death, but I'm grateful my father in law doesn't have to be alone anymore. I believe in the saying "Change is inevitable, growth is optional" in theory, but I just don't do well with change when it comes to death and losing someone I love. Even just contemplating my own parents dying is excruciatingly hard for me. I try not to think about it much because I don't like going there in my mind. I know I don't have much time left with them, and I need to cherish these last moments and not squander them. I need to take more pictures, make more memories,and spend as much precious time as I can with them.
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 11:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment