So the last time I blogged was I think the day before we went on the infamous hayride, so If you haven't heard...here it goes. Mebeing the clean freak, OCD woman that I am, it was quite dramatic! When we got to the party we waited in line for a haywagon and fortunately I took some happy, cute, pictures of the kids before we hit the pumpkin patch and BBQ. Everything was going rather smoothly til we got our food. There was lots of mud from the rain that had fallen that weekend so the field we had the BBQ in, was still wet and very muddy in places, so I was quite proud we had avoided getting dirty up until this point. As there weren't any tables or places to sit, we decided, along with everyone else, to sit on some culverts (water pipes that were waiting to be installed in the adjacent subdivision back behind J&J nursery) But as we got closer, I could tell me and the kids weren't all going to be able to sit there, so I grabbed Maya's plate and told her to follow me. (Toby had the baby and was headed over to socialize with some of his old neighbors on the opposite end of the field). So I could not get his attention. As I started walking away, I heard a familiar scream coming from behind me. I glanced over my shoulder, and there was Maya, up to her knees in the mud. She could not move-the mud was so thick,and when she tried, she fell over onto her hands, so now her hands and feet were bothstuck. Another lady grabbed our plates and I made a run for it into the mud to rescue her, but my flip flops broke from the weight of the mud, causing me to fall over onto my hands. Now we were both stuck, she was sceaming and I was laughing/crying. George came over and was able to pull Maya out, then the lady who had grabbed our plates came over and rescued me. I felt like we were on America's Funniest Videos and everyone watching was laughing their heads off by now. I was so embarrassed, then panicked because I realized, "We have nowhere to hose off!" I was barefoot with mud up to my ankles and Maya fortunately still had her shoes on, but was my muddy buddy! The sweet lady that rescued me, brought us some empty hot dog and hamburger bun bags to put our shoes in, and then we cleaned off our arms in someone's drinking water. We were a mess! Our food was on the ground, we had no shoes to go pick out pumpkins, so I said, "Let's just go home- I wanna go home!" We caught the next hayride and jumped on barefoot. Then we flung our feet out the window the whole way home. I cried for about the first 3 minutes, but then I just started laughing my head off. That broke the tention and we were all laughing the rest of the way home. Then we hosed off, took baths, and ate pizza in our pajamas. It was a fall memory never to be forgotten! And Grandma and Grandpa (they are the best) they came over later that night and left pumpkins on our porch for the kids. Here are the "before" pictures...but I should have taken some "after" pictures. Maybe if my hands hadn't been so muddy!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Funny Story!
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment