George and Maya "having tea" together with her new teaset from Grandma. Notice the pinkies! Maya and her cousin having fun eating icecream and being their silly selves!
It was Maya's birthday last Saturday, and we had such a fun day despite the rain. This year her birthday fell on General Conference weekend, so we listened to conference as we got things ready for her party. She wanted a Tinkerbell party so I hung Christmas lights throughout the house and we played games from Peter Pan like-"Following the Leader" out in the puddles, "Crocodile Pond", "Fairy Freeze Tag", and "Find Tink". It was a fun day and I can't believe she is 5! She is loving pre-school and has made many new friends. She is also coming along with her speech and just in the short time she has been attending the "Talking Time" class I can already see improvement. Although I think the real reason she loves going to Talking Time, is that she gets to play with the dress-ups afterwards. She is such a GIRL! The other day we were riding in the car and I was filling out an "All About Me" paper for pre-school and one of the questions was: "If you could have one wish, what would it be?" I asked her, and this was her response: "I would wish for a fairy godmother!" (Either she has watched Cinderella too many times, or she's saying she wants a new mother!) I'm hoping it's too much Cinderella! Tonight we are going to take the kids to dinner and a pumpkin hayride, they are really excited. Last night we got the house and yard all decorated for Autumn and Halloween and I'm getting sooo excited to see "Secret Life of Bees" (one of my most favorite books!) coming out next weekend. It will be interesting to see if the producer (Jada Pinkett Smith)stays true to the book. Then on the 25th we are going on a date with our friends to see Witchapalooza at Gardener Village! I'm looking forward to that too. It's a Halloween dinner theater which should be a lot of fun.
Well... as Tigger says, ""Ta Ta For Now!"
Well... as Tigger says, ""Ta Ta For Now!"



0 comments:
Post a Comment