So I'm trying to add more fish to my diet (since I'm starting to "lose it" up there). And I just LOVE salmon- so here is a simple recipe from Taste of Home magazine that's really yummy. I also love this with applesauce and my mom's steamed wild rice...her recipe is included below too.
Sometimes I will also make cheddar biscuits to go with it too (like Red Lobster). I just put some seasonings on top and a little cheddar cheese the last few minutes of baking. Enjoy!
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon (Rachel Garcia-Arlington, VA)
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 tsp. Butter 1/2-3/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Honey 1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
Salmon Fillets (I usually do 4 pre-pkg. fillets for my family, or if Salmon is on sale I will buy a whole salmon and slice into 4-5 sections.) But keep the skin on while cooking, then take it off after.
Tomato & Mushroom Wild Rice (Mom Richards-Am. Fork, UT)
Uncle Ben's Long Grain Rice (I use 2 cups, and put it in my rice steamer, but it's just as good if you don't have one, my mom made this rice over the stove long before we had a rice steamer)
1 pkg. Wild Rice
1-2 Chopped Tomatoes
1-2 Small cans of mushrooms
2 Tbsp. Chicken Bouillon Granules
1-2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1-2 Tbsp. Dry Onion Flakes
If $ is tight you can always buy Rice-A-Roni Wild Rice...it's pretty good... but not as good as my moms.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment