All the girls hugging the Blue Fairy (80's popstar-Debbie Gibson)...she sang to them at the beginning of the festival.
Maya drinking in the festivities and her "Pink" Lemonade.
Debbie singing to the girls before their adventure began!
Maya twirling with the other girls around the princess flags.
Maya and Ariel...she was my favorite...she was really cute with the girls.
Maya "Learning to Fly" at "Peter Pan's Flight" game.We had a great time on Friday at the Princess Festival (a benefit for women and children in Africa). Maya was in her element playing along with all the characters and getting to help rescue all the princesses, she had so much fun! Her favorite was Snow White's Cabin and Cinderella's Castle. My favorite was the art gallery located in the Hatfield's basement, I wish I would have had more time to look at everything, it was sooo amazing! It was also great to get to meet some of the Kenyan girls (all the money raised went to food for their village...they also have clean water and a school there now because of "In Our Own Quiet Way"organization and these girls were SO beautiful in their native dress. I wish all the American girls had been more welcoming, but they were caught up in taking pictures with all the princesses...the real heroes/princesses were these little girls in my opinion and I told Maya we needed to go over and say hello to them. I was SO BUMMED because my phone went dead and I didn't end up getting very many pictures...just a few at the beginning of the festival! Although we were just happy to be there because we were almost in a head on crash with a motorcyclist who pulled out right in front of us on the way to the festival! Grateful we had said a little prayer before we left! It was just wonderful to feel we could make a small contribution and have it go such a long way towards a great cause.
***For more information or to make a donation go to www.quietway.org



0 comments:
Post a Comment