Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sore Throats & Surgery!

Wow, the last few days have been pretty crazy. Maya has been really sick with a sore throat and fever, and Toby has been recovering from knee surgery. Thankfully he was able to take a few days off work and the kids have been out of school for M.L.K. day and Quality Teaching Day. George has been a big help with Nicholas and I am very grateful for modern medicine, sleep, and humidifiers!
Maya was very sad she had to miss preschool today & tomorrow. The doctor said to wait until the strep and mono tests come back. She just hasn't been herself...she has been sleeping a lot, low-energy and no appetite. The only thing I can get her to drink are smoothies from Jamba Juice. We saw another mom with her daughter there too... so something is definitely going around!
I'm so excited to be flying to California in February for a girls weekend! It will be so nice and relaxing to get away from the cold for a few days and have some fun & sun at the beach!

0 comments: