Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mellissa's Chilli Recipe (Wendy's Chilli)

People are always asking me for my Wendy's chilli recipe...so here it is! I like making a big pot (it freezes well) so we have leftovers to eat with tortilla chips or we use it for chilli cheese dogs (one of George's favorites).

2 lbs. Cooked Hamburger

1 Green or Red Bell Pepper Chopped

1 Onion Chopped

1 Cup Chopped Celery

1 Can Stewed Tomatoes

1 Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chillies

6 cans tomato sauce

2 cans Kidney Beans

2 cans Pinto Beans

1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning

1-2tsp Cumin

1 Pkg. Mild Chilli Seasoning

1-2 drops Tabasco Sauce (optional)

You can add a few cups of water (if needed)

Directions:
Brown meat and sautee veggies together in a big, heavy frying pan, add the cumin. Pour everything else into the pot, then drain meat & veggies and add to pot. I use the leanest ground meat so I don't have to bother draining the juice. Let simmer until ready to serve.









0 comments: