Saturday, August 15, 2009

Let's All Go to the Fair!



Toby had a chicken just like this growing up...and I thought I had bad hair days!



This was the cutest bunny...it was for sale and Toby and the kids wanted to buy it...I said absolutely not...no more pets!


The Alligator Show, Grandma took a little snooze before it started...the kids were amazed and loved the baby alligator.


























We haven't been to a fair since...hmmm...let's see...probably 8 years ago! Toby and I were chaperones for Jeannies's 4th Grade Class Field trip to the Utah State Fair. This was before we had our own kids. Our kids love animals anyway, so I don't know why we didn't go sooner, but this year was CHEAP, so maybe that's why! We took some canned food and Grandma Dorothy along, so parking was only a dollar, and we got a handicap stall!(Not the only reason we took Grandma, by the way. We LOVE doing things with Grandma!)The Alligator Show was AWESOME and FREE along with the Petting Zoo. The only events we were disappointed we missed were the watermelon and pie eating contests and the free pony rides. The contests would have been fun for Toby and George,and the free pony rides would have been fun for Maya and Nicholas. We also bought a juicy watermelon and a big bag of Gold Yukon potatoes at the Farmer's Market, which also supported Toby's friend Tyson Roberts, who helps run the family farm with his dad. All-in-all, we had a GREAT time at the Davis County Fair!

0 comments: