Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mom and Dads 50th!

We celebrated my mom and dad's 50th on Saturday, August 1st, at Mutual Dell in A.F. Canyon. We had a fun time visiting with friends and family. The tables were decorated with green tablecloths, baskets filled with apples, apple fabric runners, and sunflower centerpieces. My mom and dad's careers have been dedicated to education, so the apples and sunflowers were fitting. Then for the refreshments we had little bottled waters resting in aluminum tubs filled with ice, along with BYU brownies and cookies. We also set up a display table with mom and dad's childhood, high school, college, and family pictures with memorabilia. It was mom's idea to celebrate in the canyon, where it was nice and COOL, and it was SO beautiful up there!Everything turned out really nice, and even though my mom and dad weren't feeling well, they put on a good show, smiled, and had a good time. They both caught the flu/cold a few days before...with aches, chest congestion, barking cough, and sinus infection but they got into the doctor before the weekend hit and were taking antibiotics.


The Whole Richards Fam (finally a picture with everyone!)Who is the blonde kid in the back? Haha! He blends right in but I think he's Lynn & Doug's grandson...too funny! Remember when that little boy jumped in our picture at the Balloon Festival in Provo thinking Kate was his mom and then he realized it wasn't and he ran off..haha!





My cute mom & dad! Wow! 50 years! You're an inspiration! Thanks for your example!

Thanks Chels for posting pictures on your blog so I could use them on mine. I want to get some more from ya too! Wish we would have had our camera with us but left it in Toby's sisters car!

1 comments:

imagineer said...

Hello everyone,

I was checking visitor stats on my site and noticed your blog. How wonderful that you listed me as one of your favorites. I'm not well known, but a couple of years ago I met Delilah in cyber space, she purchased several paintings from me, some commissioned others already finished. We have kept in contact and exchange emails and occasional phone conversations, she's a lovely woman with a compassionate soul! She was kind enough to share my work with others out there. Your family sounds very blessed and it was a joy to read a little about you. If you are ever interested in a painting or would like something made for you, I would be happy to accomodate. I truly appreciate the inclusion on your site, thank you. Best wishes and may God Bless!

Joseph Theroux
(Joe)