So I have been cooped up all day sick...with sick kids...who have more energy than I do! I ran across these fun Caramel Apples on the Country Living website. Makes me so excited for fall! We have had a fun summer, but I am ready for fall! Especially since our A/C went out! We have been praying for rain and today we shall get some! Fall is one of my favorite seasons! I love the crunchy sound of leaves under foot, the beautiful colors, and the crispness in the air. My mom would always buy a whole bunch of beautiful fall & winter sweaters and we would rotate them between all the sisters. I have memories of raking leaves with my dad and jumping in them with my little sister Kate and our poodle Otis. I remember fall carnivals at Forbes Elementary with Chilli and Sugar Spudnuts, Walks to the park, and rides up A.F. canyon, around the loop to Sundance. One of my favorite fall movies is "You've Got Mail"...and of course my favorite series "Gilmore Girls" always makes me homesick for New England. As some of you might know, we have "fallen" in love with an old vacant Victorian farm house with barn and horse property for sale over on the border of Kaysville and Layton. I have had dreams of buying it and decorating it for Fall and Christmas...my mom always decorated our old house so cute for the holidays...and she still does in her new house. But there's just something drawing me to this house. The other day I drove by just to "check on it" and there was some teenagers "canoodling" on the porch swing. I seriously got possessive about it. My kids were laughing at me thinking I was nuts. George said, "Mom, this isn't even our house!" "I know, I know!" I replied. But I just wanted to yell "Get off my porch swing!" (I passed by again and gave them the stink eye). I have never been so attached to something that is not even mine! Haha! (Someday)
12 crisp apples
1 1/3 cup(s) dark corn syrup
1 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
1 1/3 cup(s) light brown sugar
1 1/3 cup(s) heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
3 tablespoon(s) butter
3/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS1.Line a baking pan with a generously oiled sheet of parchment paper. Push a candy apple stick into the core of each apple.
2.Combine the syrup, sugars, heavy cream, and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer until the mixture reaches 270 degrees F – about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the butter and vanilla. Let cool for 6 to 8 minutes, until caramel thickens to a toffeelike consistency.
3.Dip and gently swirl the apples into the caramel and place on the prepared baking sheet. Let cool completely.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
"Fall" in Love
Posted by Simmons Inc. at 5:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment